Thank you for your interest in employment at The Cooperative Bank!
To apply for any position, please visit our Application Form page.
Business Development Officer
The Cooperative Bank (TCB) has a great full-time opportunity for an experienced Business Development Officer. Reporting directly to the Vice President Retail Banking, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for the acquisition of new bank relationships.
As a Business Development Officer your responsibilities include:
- Primary focus is on new business development in an assigned territory (extensive travel by car required) and relationship management with clear expectations on exceeding assigned sales and service goals.
- Products marketed include but are not limited to: deposit, credit, remote deposit capture, merchant services and investment services.
- Develop a targeted COI (center of influence) list and have a detailed plan to build relationships that lead to referral business to achieve goals.
- Build a collaborative relationship with business partners (Commercial Loan Officers, Mortgage Loan Officers, etc.).
- Refer customers to appropriate business partners to deepen relationships. Joint calling and prospecting with business partners as warranted.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but will consider equivalent combination of relevant education and/or expertise
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in sales and/or business development field, preferably in a financial institution environment
- Experience in business development and loan origination
- Excellent sales skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to learn and master the Bankís retail banking sales and service platform
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Courteous and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- Ability to perform with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess a valid driverís license, the use of a serviceable automobile that is properly registered and proper liability automobile insurance as required by law.
Loan Servicing Associate
The Cooperative Bank (TCB) has a full-time opportunity in our Loan Operation Department for a Loan Servicing Associate. This position is responsible for booking new loans and supporting the Loan Servicing team in the timely processing of the loans, escrow, discharge pipelines, and performing general office duties. Qualified candidates specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of the position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill set necessary to execute the job in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
Books new residential, commercial and consumer loans, including core banking system data input and monetary transactions.
Executes routine loan transactions including construction advances, loan payoffs, payment corrections, special payments designated on tickler system, and participation payment remittances.
Executes special and routine system / account file maintenance including updating of indices and loan modifications.
Processes PMI, force placed insurance payments, property and flood insurance correspondence, update insurance and force-placed tracking systems accordingly.
Assists with real estate tax payment processing.
Assists with new loan documentation/file quality control and exceptions tracking; prepares files for storage.
Files all loan documentation in a timely and accurate manner; maintains organized file room and loan vault; prepares and tracks loan files for audits and investor quality control reviews.
Assists Loan Servicing Manager in the production of monthly management and Board reports.
Maintains strong on-going working relationships with internal and external customers to provide agile, personalized customer service; responds to customer inquiries and requests.
Complies with all applicable Federal and State regulations, and all Bank policies and procedures.
In return, TCB will offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance coverage is available almost immediately after hire. TCB also offers generous paid time off benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan with an unbeatable employer match (100% of your first 9%), and a tuition reimbursement program! Look no further for a rewarding career with a strong and stable community bank!
To apply for positions, e-mail or mail a cover letter and resume to:
The Cooperative Bank
Attn: Human Resources
40 Belgrade Avenue
Roslindale, MA 02131
Please note e-mail is not secure.